Cleveland Peace Action is committed to stopping violence, war, and terrorism, through peaceful, just and democratic means. Join us!
Join us on Zoom: Register in advance for this meeting. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
This presentation and discussion with Kevin Zeese is part of the annual meeting of Cleveland Peace Action. You do not have to be a member of Cleveland Peace Action to participate.
Kevin Zeese is the co-director of Popular Resistance. He was a co-founder of the Venezuelan Embassy Protectors Defense Collective and was prosecuted in federal court in Washington, DC for protecting the Venezuelan embassy. The trial resulted in a mistrial because jurors could not unanimously agree on a verdict.
Zeese has been a public interest lawyer since 1980, first working on ending the war on drugs which has resulted in mass arrests and incarceration. He served as national director of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws, then co-founded the Drug Policy Foundation which became the largest drug policy reform organization in history. He has worked on three presidential campaigns, serving as spokesperson for Ralph Nader in 2004, a senior advisor to Jill Stein in 2016 and currently serves as press secretary for Howie Hawkins who is seeking the Green Party nomination. Zeese works for economic, racial and environmental justice as well as peace.
Free and open to the public.
See more about Cleveland Peace Action here
Stopping violence, war and terrorism, through peaceful, just and democratic means
Cleveland Peace Action is a convergence of people committed to ending violence and promoting justice, through education, advocacy and action. Our current priorities include:
- Ending wars and U.S. military interventions, replacing them with engagement and diplomacy, in Yemen, Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan, Venezuela and Iran.
- Cutting Pentagon spending and redirecting those funds for human needs, such as education, housing, transportation and health care.
- Peace with justice for all, in the Middle East and in particular, an end to the oppression of Palestinians.
- Reducing and ultimately abolishing nuclear weapons worldwide.
- Partnering with local groups to end violence and injustice in our communities.
- Working for environmental justice and addressing global climate change.