The Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington is going digital! On June 20, we will hold the largest digital and social media gathering of poor and low-wealth people, moral and religious leaders, advocates, and people of conscience in this nation’s history. The fact that there are 140 million poor and low-wealth people in a country this rich is morally indefensible, constitutionally inconsistent, and economically insane. A global pandemic is exposing even more the already existing crisis of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism. We are building power for an agenda that lifts all people by challenging these interlocking injustices. On June 20, 2020 we will rise together as a powerful moral fusion movement to demand the implementation of our Moral Agenda. The 140 million poor and low-wealth people across this nation will be heard!
- The Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington will gather thousands from across the U.S. to demonstrate the collective power of poor and low-wealth people. We demand that both major political parties address the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, militarism and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism by implementing our Moral Agenda.
- 10:00 AM on Saturday, June 20, 2020.
- online digital conference
- to dramatize the pain and prophetic leadership of the poor and dispossessed and build power to enact our demands.
- to awaken the nation to the interlocking injustices facing 140 million poor and low-wealth people, 43% of the nation.
- The current public health crisis reminds us that we cannot allow another election cycle to pass us by without poverty and its interlocking injustices at the center of the political discourse.
- June 20, 2020 falls after the primaries and before the two major political party conventions – a time when thousands of people united and organized can impact the platform of the 2020 Presidential Campaigns going forward.
- The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is claiming the third weekend in June, the time of the summer solstice. The unfolding emergency caused by COVID-19 will pose unprecedented challenges in the time ahead. During this critical moment, deepened by the failures of our elected leaders and the threat of economic collapse, a fusion movement must rise as light out of the dark.
- If the rejected millions—the poor without health insurance, without living wages, without clean water, without voting protections—unite, we can move the moral and political imagination of this country and revive the heart of the nation!
- But it’s not enough just to be awake. It’s not the waking, it’s the rising. On June 20, 2020, We Rise Together!
- The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is made up of people of all backgrounds, we are Black, Brown, White, Native, and Asian; we are old and young; we are Christian, Sikh, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim; we are people of faith and not of faith; we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities; we are led by poor people and we are a cross-class movement; we are people of all abilities; and we live across this nation, from Alabama to Alaska, from Maine to California to Mississippi.
- We will gather online on June 20, 2020 from across the country and world.
- We will launch a robust accessibility campaign to ensure those of us most affected by poverty and its interlocking injustices are able to participate fully.
- To begin, go to www.june2020.org to let us know you will join us on June 20, 2020.
- Spread the word in your networks and social media.
- Get connected to your state’s coordinating committee
See the demands of our campaign here .
Please like and follow the Ohio Poor People's Campaign page on Facebook
Read the Fundamental Principles of the national Poor People's Campaign on their Facebook page