Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March: the largest digital and social media gathering of poor and low-wealth people, moral and religious leaders, advocates, and people of conscience in this nation’s history.
We Rise Together
to end racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy, and militarism!
The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is claiming the third weekend in June, the time of the summer solstice. The unfolding emergency caused by COVID-19 will pose unprecedented challenges in the time ahead. During this critical moment, deepened by the failures of our elected leaders and the threat of economic collapse, a fusion movement must rise as light out of the dark.
The Mass Poor People’s Assembly & Moral March on Washington is going digital! On June 20, we will hold the largest digital and social media gathering of poor and low-wealth people, moral and religious leaders, advocates, and people of conscience in this nation’s history. The fact that there are 140 million poor and low-wealth people in a country this rich is morally indefensible, constitutionally inconsistent, and economically insane. A global pandemic is exposing even more the already existing crisis of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, the war economy and militarism, and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism. We are building power for an agenda that lifts all people by challenging these interlocking injustices. On June 20, 2020 we will rise together as a powerful moral fusion movement to demand the implementation of our Moral Agenda. The 140 million poor and low-wealth people across this nation will be heard!
- The Mass Poor People’s Assembly and Moral March on Washington will gather thousands to demonstrate the collective power of poor and low-wealth people. We demand that both major political parties address the interlocking injustices of systemic racism, poverty, ecological devastation, militarism and the distorted moral narrative of religious nationalism by implementing our Moral Agenda.
WHEN / WHERE
- 10:00 AM on Saturday, June 20, 2020; online digital conference
- to dramatize the pain and prophetic leadership of the poor and dispossessed and build power to enact our demands.
- to awaken the nation to the interlocking injustices facing 140 million poor and low-wealth people (43% of the nation) as illuminated by the current public health crisis
- to unite and organize to impact the platforms of the 2020 presidential campaigns before the parties national conventions
- If the rejected millions—the poor without health insurance, without living wages, without clean water, without voting protections—unite, we can move the moral and political imagination of this country and revive the heart of the nation!
- But it’s not enough just to be awake. It’s not the waking, it’s the rising. On June 20, 2020, We Rise Together!
- The Poor People’s Campaign: A National Call for Moral Revival is made up of people of all backgrounds. We are Black, Brown, White, Native, and Asian; we are old and young; we are Christian, Sikh, Jewish, Buddhist, Hindu, Muslim; we are people of faith and not of faith; we are people of all sexual orientations and gender identities; we are led by poor people and we are a cross-class movement; we are people of all abilities; and we live across this nation, from Alabama to Alaska, from Maine to California to Mississippi.
- We have launched a robust accessibility campaign to ensure those of us most affected by poverty and its interlocking injustices are able to participate fully on June 20, 2020
- You can help us spread the word in your networks and social media.
- Get connected to your state’s coordinating committee
- (216) 651 2606