Here, a letter of concern from Prime Minister Ralph Gonsalves of St. Vincent and the Grenadines, a country that is not politically, economically, militarily propping up the military-backed, narco-regime in power in Honduras.
This letter contrasts with the lack of response from the leaders of the countries (the United States and Canada) that most fully support the regime in Honduras – a “democratic allie” since the 2009 military coup ousted Honduras’ last democratically elected government.
- OFRANEH (Organizacion Fraternal Negra Hondureña): @ofraneh, email@example.com, www.ofraneh.org, http://www.ofraneh.wordpress.com
- Rights Action: Grahame Russell, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.rightsaction.org
- Honduras Solidarity Network: Karen Spring, email@example.com, @hondurassol, www.hondurassolidarity.org
- “Minority Group Fears ‘Genocide’ in Trump-Backed Honduras”, By Jeremy Kryt, The Daily Beast, Aug. 10, 2020, https://www.thedailybeast.com/garifuna-minority-group-fears-genocide-in-trump-backed-honduras
- “Indigenous men in Honduras are being abducted. Are the police to blame?”, By Jackie McVicar, August 5, 2020, America Magazine, https://www.americamagazine.org/politics-society/2020/08/05/indigenous-men-honduras-are-being-abducted-are-police-blame
Articles, reports, films & urgent actions related to OFRANEH's work & struggle in defense of Garifuna territory & rights: https://rightsaction.org/ofraneh
Emergency funds – Community defense and Covid19 response
Even as Rights Action continues to send funds for Covid19 response work of long-term partner groups in Honduras and Guatemala, we request funds now for OFRANEH as they respond to the forced disappearance of Garifuna land defenders from Triunfo de la Cruz.
Tax-Deductible Donations (Canada & U.S.)
Make check to "Rights Action" and mail to:
- U.S.: Box 50887, Washington DC, 20091-0887
- Canada: (Box 552) 351 Queen St. E, Toronto ON, M5A-1T8